Flower Power, Avios and Shopping
As I mentioned recently, one of the great ways to earn miles and points is simply by shopping, through various merchants and online portals. With Valentine’s Day coming up, it’s a great time to order flowers and even better if you can reap some miles from your purchase. So here are the deals, starting with the best in my opinion.
- 1-800 Flowers, using promo code 52DE -40 Delta SkyMiles/$ spent
- FTD, -30 American AAdvantage Miles/$ spent + 300 bonus miles for Citi AAdvantage cardholders
- Teleflora, using promo code LOVEDUS -25 US Airways Dividend Miles/$ spent
- 1-800-Flowers, using promo code U69 -25 US Airways Dividend Miles/$ spent
- FTD, -30 United Mileage Plus Miles/$ spent + 150 bonus miles per order
Last year I earned 6,000 Delta SkyMiles by ordering flowers through a similar promotion. However, if earning the miles is your only incentive (Not that I would know, but if you are in a relationship you might need some serious advice at that point) then the offer is not quite as sweet when you include the shipping. But still, it is a far more cost-effective method of gaining miles than buying them outright!
Tip of the hat to New Girl in the Air for this one.
Also, for the fashion-conscience points junkie, it appears British Airways is offering 36 Avios per dollar spent at Nordstrom’s. If you are like me and do not have a Nordstrom’s near you, you are still in luck as this is for online shopping. Register by February 6.
Tip of the hat goes to both The Points Guy and One Mile at a Time. While TPG did originally post the story, Ben had a great describing how to make sure you are receiving the full bonus.