Flower Power, Avios and Shopping
As I mentioned recently, one of the great ways to earn miles and points is simply by shopping, through various merchants and online portals. With Valentine’s Day coming up, it’s a great time to order flowers and even better if you can reap some miles from your purchase. So here are the deals, starting with the best in my opinion.
- 1-800 Flowers, using promo code 52DE -40 Delta SkyMiles/$ spent
- FTD, -30 American AAdvantage Miles/$ spent + 300 bonus miles for Citi AAdvantage cardholders
- Teleflora, using promo code LOVEDUS -25 US Airways Dividend Miles/$ spent
- 1-800-Flowers, using promo code U69 -25 US Airways Dividend Miles/$ spent
- FTD, -30 United Mileage Plus Miles/$ spent + 150 bonus miles per order
Last year I earned 6,000 Delta SkyMiles by ordering flowers through a similar promotion. However, if earning the miles is your only incentive (Not that I would know, but if you are in a relationship you might need some serious advice at that point) then the offer is not quite as sweet when you include the shipping. But still, it is a far more cost-effective method of gaining miles than buying them outright!
Tip of the hat to New Girl in the Air for this one.
Also, for the fashion-conscience points junkie, it appears British Airways is offering 36 Avios per dollar spent at Nordstrom’s. If you are like me and do not have a Nordstrom’s near you, you are still in luck as this is for online shopping. Register by February 6.