UPDATE: My “Enhanced” Marriott Service
UPDATE: I was automatically signed up for the “Taste of Gold” promotion, and the free lounge access/free breakfast and wifi until February 2014 for only 6 stays was too good to pass up.
As I noted a few weeks back, Marriott informed me that as a loyal member I would be receiving some “special, exclusive offers.” What I didn’t know was that this would include an upgrade in my status.
After making a reservation for an upcoming trip, I glanced at the confirmation email I received, and noticed that where it listed my status is said “Gold Elite.” These words was quite shocking to me, yet blissfully so because I had only been (and re-qualified for) Silver Elite last year.
I have a couple of theories on how this is so. It might have been that that I was automatically signed up for the fast-track to Gold, or just part of my enhanced benefits. Either way, I won’t complain, especially to Marriott customer service in case it is a mistake.
Also bizarre to me is how lifetime nights is the SUM of my nights from last year (first one as a Marriott Rewards member) AND my elite rollover nights. In other words, I only spent 18 nights last year in Marriott properties, but because I rolled over 8 nights past the Silver threshold (10 nights), I was credited with 26 lifetime nights:
Anyway, I plan on taking full-advantage of this, as it is a definitely a game changer for me. I was going to chase Hyatt Diamond and maybe Starwood Platinum status this year, but I think it might be foolish not to take advantage of the status I have already earned. Here are some of the basic benefits of Marriott Gold Elite status:
- Elite Guest Services & Reservations Lines -For expedited customer service
- Ultimate Reservation Guarantee – If they are unable to honor a reservation for any reason, they will pay for your accommodations at a nearby hotel.
- Free Internet Access – One benefit I am looking forward to across all brands, since this is not a standard Silver benefit
- Room Upgrade – Up to best available room. They say excluding suites, but as I have witnessed, your mileage may vary.
- Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast – Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge access at participating JW Marriotts, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance and full-service Marriotts. If the hotel doesn’t a Lounge, you can enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays.
Pingback: Surf & Sun Tampa Style: Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel | Field Of Burch
Pingback: Marriott Now Includes Suite Upgrades as an Elite Benefit! | Field Of Burch
Pingback: The Marriott MegaBonus Is Coming (Again) | Field Of Burch