Monday Travel Funny: Unusual Towns
Nearly every state has common town names like Dayton and Columbia, but it’s always fun to travel somewhere with a weird and unusual name. The following list is certainly not complete, rather it includes the strangest of the strange, in my opinion:
1. 1770, Queensland, Australia – I wonder what year it was founded…
2. Bagdad, Florida, U.S. – No WMDs here.
3. Batman, Turkey – Nuh na na nuh Turkey. The main crime is Robbin’.
4. Bob’s Farm, New South Wales – Bob was not very creative.
5. Fifth of Forth, Scotland – Or Third of Second?
6. Flippin, Akansas, U.S. – Home to one of my favorite churches, the Flppin Church of God.
7. George, Washington, U.S. – Home to a very popular concert venue, the Gorge Amphitheater, aka “The Gorge in George.”
8. Hell, Michigan, U.S. – Hell on earth… check that, Michigan.
9. Truth or Consequences, NM – Truth or Dare anyone?
10. Come By Chance, Newfoundland – Perhaps I will.
- Zzyzx, California, U.S.. Pronounced “Zasicks,” this named was name so it would be listed last alphabetically. It receives only honorary mention, as no one currently resides there.
- Zillah, Washington, U.S.A. – Not the most unusual of names, but it does have the Church of God, Zillah!